Project Manager - Commercial Construction
An opportunity has become available for a self-motivated professional to join a division of a diverse ASX listed construction and industrial services company with major clients in the Construction, Resources, Industrial and Residential sectors across Australia.
Reporting to the Construction Manager in Victoria, you will be responsible for the planning, controlling and execution of projects, with the goal of completing them safely, on time, within budget and in line with the GCS vision, mission & values.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring of works against program
- Coordination of all Requests For Information and defects
- Overseeing & coordination of subcontractors and suppliers performing work on each project
- Obtaining all approvals and permits relevant to all site activities
- Assist with finalising tender pricing, scope of works and agree contract terms
- Assessment of subcontractor & supplier claims
- Development & letting of tender packages to suppliers / subcontractors
- Identification & quantification of contract variations
- Produce monthly reports and progress claims
- Coordinate designs for projects
- Review of designs, drawings and other related engineering documents for potential problems ahead of time and proactively implement solutions
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum 2 years experience as a site Project Manager in commercial construction.
- Estimating experience within the construction/resources industry.
- A sound understanding of project requirements.
- A tertiary qualification in construction or engineering.
- Excellent attention to detail and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information to the highest standards.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to contribute to the future growth and success of the business.
Recruiters need not apply.